Effective environmental management is important to 6K’s vision of responsible business leadership and is one of corporate priorities. We are striving to protect and preserve the environment through raising our environmental performance and efficiency within the conduct of our operations. We are committed to protecting the environment through complete compliance with environmental laws, regulations, and outstanding efficiency in the conduct of our operations. As part of our ongoing efforts, we will:
- Comply with and strive to surpass Federal, State, and local environmental laws and regulations.
- Implement and maintain the Environmental Management System as an important management practice for 6K operations and activities.
- Seek to minimize the environmental impact of our operations through the efficient use of natural resources, and implement sustainable environmental practices, including the acquisition of bio-based, environmentally friendly, energy-efficient, water-efficient, and recycled-content products.
- Conduct audits to measure environmental performance and establish accountability to correct deficiencies; continuously improve environmental performance through appropriate policies, procedures, training, and recognition of excellence.
- Prepare for emergencies in order to minimize environmental impacts.
- Emphasize pollution prevention, environmentally preferred products, and sustainable business practices with our building managers, contractors, and suppliers; incorporate and enforce appropriate performance clause(s) in contracts with vendors and contractors that specify environmental protection and compliance.
- Serve as a role model and provide leadership for other organizations.
This commitment demands that:
We each take personal responsibility to protect the environment as we conduct our work.
- We ensure that we have the knowledge, skills, and equipment to conduct our work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- We are aware of and use care to minimize the negative environmental consequences of our activities.
We each take personal responsibility to use resources wisely.
- We use only what we need and look for opportunities to minimize waste.
- We respectfully challenge each other to be efficient in the use of natural resources.
We each take personal responsibility to protect and enhance our local communities.
- We promptly report all incidents and unsafe conditions to Reston Fire and Rescue for all emergency services.
- We encourage proactive environmental efforts onsite and within our local communities to ensure that we are a positive influence where we work and live.